[Snort-users] About make command error

Mayur Patil ram.nath241089 at ...11827...
Fri Mar 1 11:29:17 EST 2013

Hello,

   Thanks Hui for reply. I will try out with your instructions.

   I have attached here "make" output

   http://paste.fedoraproject.org/3975/62051349/

   password : ram

   I will also provide output of "config.log".

   try to report ASAP !!

  Thank you,
*
--
Cheers,
Mayur*

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 9:36 PM, Hui Cao <hcao at ...1935...> wrote:

>  That file comes from the DAQ.
> Can you try file command  on the actual library (not the link)? For
> example:  $ file /usr/local/lib/libsfbpf.so.0.0.1
> The output might be:
>
> /usr/local/lib/libsfbpf.so.0.0.1: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64,
> version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped
>
> Your output might be different, but you can compare the output with a
> known working library.
>
> Can you also provide the config.log and make output from the DAQ build and
> install?
>
> Best,
> Hui.
>

> On 03/01/2013 05:50 AM, Mayur Patil wrote:
>
>   Hello there,
>>

>>  I am installing Snort 2.9.4 on CentOS 6.3 as per Installation manual.
>>
>>   ok... which installation manual? it seems there are several...
>>

>    I am using from snort.org site manual for CentOS 6.3 64 bit
> installation.
>

>>     I have fine upto Daq-2.0.0
>>
>>     Also done fine with
>>
>>     ./configure --enable-sourcefire
>>
>>     But when I run make command for snort-2.9.4
>>
>>     it gives following error
>>
>>     /usr/lib/libsfbpf.so: could not read symbols: File in wrong format
>>
>>        collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>

>  where did this libsfbpf.so file come from?
>>

>   I also don't know. When I followed steps for snort, it gives
>
>   same error as I mentioned in the terminal.
>
>   Need guidance,
>
>   Thank you !!
> *
> --