[Snort-users] About make command error

Mayur Patil ram.nath241089 at ...11827...
Fri Mar 1 05:50:00 EST 2013

>   Hello there,
>

>  I am installing Snort 2.9.4 on CentOS 6.3 as per Installation manual.
>
>  ok... which installation manual? it seems there are several...

   I am using from snort.org site manual for CentOS 6.3 64 bit
installation.

>     I have fine upto Daq-2.0.0
>
>     Also done fine with
>
>     ./configure --enable-sourcefire
>
>     But when I run make command for snort-2.9.4
>
>     it gives following error
>
>     /usr/lib/libsfbpf.so: could not read symbols: File in wrong format
>
>        collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

where did this libsfbpf.so file come from?

  I also don't know. When I followed steps for snort, it gives

  same error as I mentioned in the terminal.

  Need guidance,

  Thank you !!
*
--