[Snort-users] PF_RING and DAQ compile (0.6.2, and 2.0.0)

Avery Rozar Avery.Rozar at ...16118...
Thu Jun 27 11:02:34 EDT 2013

Thank you for your answer Tim, I can only assume that you answered my
first question on the Meteflows group. I'm getting an error "FATAL ERROR:
Can't start DAQ (-1) - pfring_open(): unable to open device 'eth1'. Please
use -i <device>!" when I try to start snort using pfring. I thought maybe
is was due to the DAQ compile error. I moved snort off the VM, and on the
physical host, and disabled selinux. I still get the same error. Would it
be due to the default bnx2 driver, or pfring license issue? Any help is
greatly appreciated.

ethtool -i eth2
driver: bnx2
version: 2.2.3