[Snort-users] barnyard2 failing

Herminio Hernandez herminio.hernandezjr at ...11827...
Wed Jun 19 20:51:14 EDT 2013

Thanks for the advice I got barnyard2 installed. However I am now getting this error.

$ sudo barnyard2 -c /opt/local/etc/barnyard2/barnyard2.conf -g /opt/local/etc/snort/gen-msg.map -s /opt/local/etc/snort/sid-msg.map -d /var/log/snort -f snort.u2.1371688964 -w /var/log/snort/barnyard.waldo
ERROR: Group "/opt/local/etc/snort/gen-msg.map" unknown.
Fatal Error, Quitting..
Barnyard2 exiting