[Snort-users] Snort on ARM

Christian Mahlig mahlig at ...16399...
Tue Jun 11 01:34:14 EDT 2013

Hello!

I tried to install Snort/Sguil on my ARM System, but Snort crashs with
the following message:

/nsm/snort/lib/snort_dynamicrules...
/nsm/snort/lib/snort_dynamicrules/smtp.so...
FATAL ERROR: Failed to load /nsm/snort/lib/snort_dynamicrules/smtp.so:
/nsm/snort/lib/snort_dynamicrules/smtp.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory"

After some hours with Google_Search - my opinion is, the dynamicrules
(i386/x64) doens't work on the arm Plattform. Is there any solution... ?

My System:
Ubuntu 13.04 with (GNU/Linux 3.0.75-odroidu2 armv7l)
Snort 2.9.4.6
SnortRules 2.9.4.6

Thanx
Exe