[Snort-users] Unknown POP3 Command

Josh Bitto jbitto at ...16055...
Thu Jun 6 11:49:56 EDT 2013

Quick question is unified2 the same as barnyard2 in functionality in what we're talking here?

-----Original Message-----
From: waldo kitty [mailto:wkitty42 at ...14940...]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 6:35 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Unknown POP3 Command

On 6/5/2013 17:23, Josh Bitto wrote:
> I got some help with this because you peaked my interest.
> The only thing command line that you can do is.
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/snort.sh start
> Stop and restart respectively.....so pretty much the only thing is a shell script.

and what are the contents of snort.sh as particularly pertains to the START option? that's where you'll find the command line options used... some translation from script vars may be necessary...

1. A cloud service to automate IT design, transition and operations 2. Dashboards that offer high-level views of enterprise services 3. A single system of record for all IT processes http://p.sf.net/sfu/servicenow-d2d-j