[Snort-users] Unknown POP3 Command

Josh Bitto jbitto at ...16055...
Wed Jun 5 17:23:39 EDT 2013

I got some help with this because you peaked my interest.
The only thing command line that you can do is.
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/snort.sh start
Stop and restart respectively.....so pretty much the only thing is a shell script.

-----Original Message-----
From: waldo kitty [mailto:wkitty42 at ...14940...]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 11:03 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Unknown POP3 Command

On 6/5/2013 13:54, Josh Bitto wrote:
> James,
>
> This is what I have for output plugins.
>
> ################################################### # Step #6:
> Configure output plugins # For more information, see Snort Manual,
> Configuring Snort - Output Modules
>
> # unified2 # Recommended for most installs # output unified2: filename
> merged.log, limit 128, nostamp, mpls_event_types, vlan_event_types
>

> They are commented out, but I would have to do some research on
> manually editing the conf. Since snort is integrated into pfsense
> configuring and editing the config file is done differently than if
> you had a dedicated linux box.

what is the full and complete command line used to start your snorts? i work with another firewall product that uses a secure method of starting snort and altering its startup command line options is not something to be done any time one wishes to ;)

1. A cloud service to automate IT design, transition and operations 2. Dashboards that offer high-level views of enterprise services 3. A single system of record for all IT processes http://p.sf.net/sfu/servicenow-d2d-j