[Snort-users] Pigsty - A Barnyard2 Replacement by Threat Stack

Dustin Webber dustin.webber at ...11827...
Mon Jun 3 16:59:55 EDT 2013

Hey guys,

We wrote a Barnyard2 replacement we wanted to open source.    It's designed
to be very extensible with a very simple plugin architecture based around
Node.js's package management.  Please check it out here:
https://github.com/threatstack/pigsty.

It's currently in beta but we'd love contributions and help test and write
plugins.

Here is an example application we wrote using the mysql and web socket
output plugins. http://snorby.org:3009/

It's important to note that we will be moving Snorby to this spooler in the
future and will no longer support barnyard/2. We plan to open source a few
parts of our Threat Stack Incident Response System and unfortunately making
barnyard/2 work with our communication protocols and backend is not
possible.

Either way great things coming to the Snorby project and I'm excited to see
what the community builds with Pigsty.

Happy NSM hacking!

*Dustin Willis Webber*

CEO and Co-Founder at Threat Stack, Inc