[Snort-users] Installing SNORT on windows ERROR

Flip Uys flip.me at ...15979...
Mon Jul 22 09:28:39 EDT 2013

I am new to Snort and I have had a fair bit of difficulty in configuring it. I have been following the guide for Installing Snort 2.8.6.1 on windows 7 which I found on through an internet search. I have downloaded Snort 2.9.5 Installer.exe. I have followed the guide and made the changes to the snort.conf file so that it reflects the windows variant. While most of it was successful when I run the following command: c:\snort\bin\snort -i1 -s -l c:\snort\log\ -c c:\snort\etc\snort.conf –T; I get the following error:ERROR: c:\snort\etc\snort.con<481> Invalid configuration line: 2048.
I figure that this is a pretty simple error that I have made, can someone set me straight?
Thanks