[Snort-users] Cisco Sourcefire

Mike Miller mike at ...16027...
Tue Jul 23 20:53:45 EDT 2013

We had SSM-20's in our ASA5540's at my last job. Worked just fine, and
since it had access to the backplane, could do some stuff that would have
been difficult otherwise.

Funny if those feature modules didn't look a whole lot like a PC...booted
from flash, DIMM memory, I'll bet there was an Intel CPU under the heatsink.

Whaddaya think a snort installation would do on that hardware?