[Snort-users] FW: snort 2.9.4.6 not logging

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Tue Jul 23 13:29:15 EDT 2013

On 7/23/2013 12:29, Maged Shenouda wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback, so all those rules files that are included in the
> /snort/rules and those that are included in the snort.conf are not alerting any
> suspecious traffic? wow my system must be very secure and not attracting any one?

secure is one thing... attracting attention is another ;)

what servers do you run on your protected network behind snort? if there's no
servers available to the public, there's nothing for anyone to mount a frontal
attack on... of course, snort must be able to see the traffic, too... if it is
in encrypted tunnels, snort may not see it...

if you have no infestations internally, then there's no outbound alerts to be
raised letting you know about the infestations... of course, snort must be able
to see the traffic, too... if it is in encrypted tunnels, snort may not see it...