[Snort-users] Depth limit of binary flow using just pcre (no content option)

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Fri Jul 19 14:42:11 EDT 2013

On 7/19/2013 14:20, Frank Calone wrote:
> I'd like to test just the first 500 bytes of a session for a pcre pattern.  I've
> seen port 80 session data with just raw tranfers, no http related stuff.  It

are you sure that those are not just additional packets carry data for an
initial http session? they may be carrying binary data like graphics or they ma
be part of a gzipped session...