[Snort-users] Snort switches to packet Dump Mode

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Wed Jul 17 13:16:45 EDT 2013

On 7/17/2013 12:58, Mayur Patil wrote:
> sorry one question remaining
>
> now if I reboot my system does it will go into packet dump mode??

AFAICT, it never has... you were starting a new copy of snort that was running
in packet dump mode...

did you have to create any links in /etc/rc.d or similar to point to
/etc/init.d/snort when you set it up? you might want to check to see if those
links are still connected and connected to the /etc/init.d/snortd script file...
you might even want to remove those links and redo them with the new snortd name
instead of the old snort name... i don't have that pdf any more so i don't know
if there was something about the links or not...