[Snort-users] IMAC

Mark Boltz mboltz at ...1935...
Wed Jul 17 12:42:17 EDT 2013

Joel already mentioned it, but I can confirm.

I've compiled it on my machine. As long as you have Xcode with the CLI tools installed, or some other Fink/MacPorts install of gcc and the various dev tools from GNU, it compiles and runs fine on OS X.
You will need to ensure the dependencies are compiled in as well, such as daq, pcre, etc.

I'm working in my free time on creating an unofficial (non-Sourcefire supported) How-To for an OS X implementation of 2.9.5 + barnyard2 + snorby.

The views expressed above are my own and not representative of my employer in any way.

--
Mark Boltz, SFCE, CISSP, CISA, NSA-IEM
Security Instructor