[Snort-users] Snort Tests?

mulhern mulhern at ...11827...
Wed Jul 17 12:04:54 EDT 2013

Yes, Snort in its full glory is overkill for an embedded system.

But, essentially, I'm not doing this for me but for an open-source project
which will make this available to others. At some point it will be up to
Yocto users to decide whether and how to use Snort.

Your other suggestion to test the distribution from the outside using
Backtrack makes sense for a single individual. But, the Yocto project would
need to incorporate Backtrack into its testing tools using a source
distribution. Kali Linux, the new version of Backtrack, looks like it might
be a little more cooperative about that.

- mulhern