[Snort-users] snort 2.9.4.6 not logging

Maged Shenouda maged67 at ...125...
Wed Jul 17 11:19:52 EDT 2013

I properly configured the snort.conf and installed all the source files for snort, barnyard2, daq...
The problem is when I run the snort from the console, I can see that it is working fine but when I run the snort to read the snort.conf it doesn't save the log file at all

/usr/local/bin/snort -A full -b -d -D -i eth0 -u snort -g snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -l /var/log/snort

and off course since there is no log files, barnyard2 read an empty file and does not transfer it so mysql

I am using SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 SP1 64bit. Realy need your help with this one

Thanks