[Snort-users] Snort switches to packet Dump Mode

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Mon Jul 15 15:31:31 EDT 2013

On 7/15/2013 14:53, Mayur Patil wrote:
> Hi Waldo,
>
> When I check for /etc/init.d/snort file following output I got
>
>         [root at ...16428... init.d]# snort status
[trim]
>          Any idea where bug is lurking ??

yes... you are in the init.d folder trying to run a script that lives in
init.d... you left out the ./ yet you have snort in your path so it was executed
directly instead of via your script...

your script is also the place where you need to check the start up parameters
that are fed to your snort... this is that script you got out of that pdf file,
isn't it??