[Snort-users] Snort switches to packet Dump Mode

Mayur Patil ram.nath241089 at ...11827...
Mon Jul 15 13:42:26 EDT 2013

Hi Waldo,

    You mean to say

   1.     snort -D

           or from manual I find

          ./snort -c snort.conf -l ./log -h 192.168.1.0/24 -s

          Which one is correct ??

  2.  Rather than Modes I am concerned about Packet Dump Mode of Snort

       if I accidentally or normally reboot the system Snort will put
system

       in Packet Dump mode which will unable to start that I experienced

       from wrong configuration of Snort file.

       Seeking for guidance,

       Thanks !!

--