[Snort-users] About Snort file

Mayur Patil ram.nath241089 at ...11827...
Fri Jul 5 11:21:31 EDT 2013

Hello,

  Whenever I try to restart the snort I am getting error of

  [root at ...16428... ~]# service snort restart
   /etc/init.d/snort: line 198: unexpected EOF while looking for matching
`"'
   /etc/init.d/snort: line 202: syntax error: unexpected end of file

   I have configured */etc/init.d/snort* file as given in
http://s3.amazonaws.com/snort-org/www/assets/202/snort2945_CentOS6x.pdf

   I am afraid to do any editiing in this file because prev when I edited
my file

   snort has automatically changed to packet dump mode and system was
unable to start.

    Any guidance please !

    Thanks !

--