[Snort-users] Unable to use dynamicrules on CentOS 6.4 x86_64

Jaspal jaspal at ...16427...
Fri Jul 5 09:20:13 EDT 2013

On Friday 05 July 2013 05:47 PM, waldo kitty wrote:
> On 7/5/2013 05:47, Jaspal wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to use the dynamic rules present in snort-rules-snapshot-2495 with
>> snort-2.9.5 on a CentOS 6.4 x86_64 Amazon EC2 VM.
> is this "snort-2.9.5" a typo? if not, then that's part of your problem... in
> many cases you cannot mix rules for one version of snort with a different
> version of snort... the dynamic rules are definitely an example of this...
Thanks for the response.
It's not a typo. That's the latest tar on the site and I could not find
sources of older versions. ( Why not a give a link ? )
I understand that we can't mix apples and oranges.
But the 4 latest snortrules-snapshot (available to registered users) all
end in 29{40,41,45,46,31} under the section 'Snort v2.9'. Again no older
releases.
Perhaps, you could just tell me how to choose a correct set of rules
with the snort-2.9.5 version and where can I find them.