[Snort-users] Snort DAQ

Y M snort at ...15979...
Mon Jul 1 12:41:23 EDT 2013

The interface snort will be using for sniffing is not specified in the command.

From: DMCLEO11 at ...16247...
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 09:32:17 +0000
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort DAQ

Hi snort-users, Iam trying to run Snort on windowsXP for  experiments and tests and the config runs ok in test mode but when I use the following for IDSmode ,

snort -c C:\snort\etc\snort.conf -l C:\snort\log

I get the screenshot error please see attach,can anyone help?

ERROR:cant start DAQ (-1)

the DAQ version does not support reload?

I'am new to snort and only want to use Snort in IDS mode to try and detect shell code on the snort computer

Best regards DON

Snort-users list archive: