[Snort-users] NIDS in the Cloud (was: Snort on Amazon EC2)

Jason Haar Jason_Haar at ...15306...
Sat Jan 26 01:31:45 EST 2013

I can't answer your question, but NIDS in the Cloud is difficult, so
I've got a related question.

How do people monitor EC2 networks full of Windows servers? No
daemonlogger-and-vtun tricks will help snort there...

eg is anyone instead putting up a Linux gateway and placing their
network behind that in order to do it "better"? (ie make your snort
server the default gateway)

...or I guess you could install snort on every host!! :-)

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +1 408 481 8171