[Snort-users] Creating a PostgreSQL database for snort on Debian system

giulia603 at ...16050... giulia603 at ...16050...
Mon Jan 21 17:18:06 EST 2013

 Hello everyone,I'm Giulia and I'm new of this group,I'm using Snort for my project thesis for my degree
I'm trying to configure a PostgreSQL database on a server run stable version of debian with Snort 2.9.4 (I need this version because i need updated rules)
I was following the guide on this link:
http://raidersec.blogspot.it/2012/03/how-to-setup-and-configure-snort-for.html
but  when I run this command
$ zcat /usr/share/doc/snort-pgsql/create_postgresql.gz | psql snort
I'm getting an error: seems he don't recognize the package "create ".Moreover I don't have the ~$ sudo nano /etc/snort/database.conf   file.
I've looked a lot around the web about this problem but i'm still in trouble.Is the guide that i'm using out of date?What am I doing wrong?
thank you all for helping.
Giulia