[Snort-users] Snort 2.9.4 and libsf_engine.so

Justin Knox jknox at ...16001...
Sat Jan 19 20:34:40 EST 2013

If it helps - I found that the default repository that ubuntu 12.04 is
rolling pushed 2.9.2.3 at me when I pulled it down via apt-get. you might
try removing the package with your package manager of choice -- then build
snort 2.9.4 from source.

In fact, according to http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=snort, the
2.9.2.3 is the version being offered for 12.04 and beyond for the moment.
--Justin