[Snort-users] Best practices for setting HOME_NET

Jeremy Hoel jthoel at ...11827...
Fri Jan 11 13:42:19 EST 2013

As an example.. we have a large /16 spread across a number of sites..
and so i made home_net the /16 vs the smaller /24 that each sensor
sits at, because i consider the whole /16 to be home.. and I wanted
one simple config vs a lot of little ones.  it's worked well for us so
far..