[Snort-users] Persistent problems with rule updates for Registerd Users

Joel Esler jesler at ...1935...
Thu Jan 3 15:05:26 EST 2013

On Jan 2, 2013, at 9:23 PM, Michael Steele <michaels at ...9077...> wrote:

> I just downloaded the latest rule set for the ‘Registered Users’ titled snortrules-snapshot-2940.tar.gz. It STILL contains an OLD snort.conf. It’s missing port assignments, and it still includes the ‘output database’ option.

The registered users file is 30 days behind the subscribers.  It has an older snort.conf.

> This was a previous problem and there were assurances it was taken care of. Looks like someone is not doing their job?

That's my job, and yes, it was done.  You are 30 days behind.

>  Can someone pull the Registered Users tarball (snortrules-snapshot-2940.tar.gz) and verify all the rules and configuration files are up-to-date?

No.  They are 30 days behind.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT