[Snort-users] snort ip change breaks detection

ntbuck12 at ...131... ntbuck12 at ...131...
Thu Feb 28 15:05:46 EST 2013

I recently installed the latest version of snort and had it working. My server was running on a 10.10.1.0 network. Whenever I switched from DHCP on a 10-dot network to a manually assigned IP address everything quits detecting. My new network was also a "10-dot" network, however a different one. It is not a rule set issue.

What part of my configs would cause this? The only thing I'm changing is the IP address of the box. I have my Home_net and External_net both set as "any"

Any ideas?