[Snort-users] Front-end

Dustin Willis Webber dustin.webber at ...11827...
Thu Feb 28 18:28:50 EST 2013

Ben,

NOTICE: I am only mentioning this because you talked about another paid
solution. On the free side is HIGHLY suggest Sguil or Snorby.

If you are going to pay for a solution, I highly suggest Snorby Cloud
(https://cloud.snorby.org) over Aanval. The amount of data collected is
far superior and half the price. Also, it not only does NIDS but HIDS -
even remote memory and disk forensics (if needed). Deploying this
solution and 5 agents literally takes less the 2 minutes.

Full disclosure, I'm the creator of Snorby and the CTO at Packet Stash,
Inc the creators of Snorby Cloud.

If it a go, it's free to use for a month - I think you'll find what you
are looking for.

- Dustin Willis Webber

On 2/28/13 3:46 PM, Ben Weber wrote:
> We've been using Snort for about a year now and recently updated to 2.4.
> We've been looking for a front-end but haven't decided which to buy.
> Suggestions? We've of course seen and demoed some of the basics, like BASE
> and Snorby, and found particular interest in Aanval. Has anyone used Aanval
> or could give some feedback? We're looking for a solution pretty quickly.
> Aanval says they can get deployments out right away, but we want to make
> sure we get the right thing.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben Weber
> IT Admin