[Snort-users] Use dyndns to ignore my ip

Jeremy Hoel jthoel at ...11827...
Sat Feb 16 00:26:27 EST 2013

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 10:17 PM, waldo kitty <wkitty42 at ...14940...> wrote:
> On 2/15/2013 23:19, Jeremy Hoel wrote:
>> Ahh.. but you might be assuming that the server/snort ip changes..
>> what if it doesn't but the outside of the router/gateway does..  :-)
>
> then that would not be indicated in the snort.conf and thus would not apply to
> the snort installation on the interior network... at least in my experiences ;)

Ahh.. that depends on if you are sniffing the outside or the inside of
the router. On the inside, yes, you should never see that address. On
the outside, you would.

But at this point, we'll see if the OP gets back to our theoretical
discussion. hahahe