[Snort-users] Use dyndns to ignore my ip

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Fri Feb 15 23:05:01 EST 2013

On 2/15/2013 14:19, Jefferson, Shawn wrote:
> Maybe some sort of script that modifies your snort.conf when your IP changes?  I can't think of any other way to do it unfortunately.

you are correct... and it is easier than you may believe ;)

simply "include /some/file/here" which contains those entries that change when
your IP changes... then comment out those same entries in your snort.conf and
let the include file handle them... we do this very thing from our dialup, dhcp
and ppp scripts ;)