[Snort-users] Snort and my VLANs

Josh Bitto jbitto at ...16055...
Thu Feb 14 16:56:41 EST 2013

I'm having issues where I am not able to determine if I can actually catch bad traffic with snort.

Right now I have snort in a test lab where I have interfaces WAN, LAN....and then my VLANS. My firewall does all the routing and has the vlans setup. So when I go to testmyids.com and trigger a rule I get the rule triggered on my WAN interface but not any of my VLANs......

Basically what I'm trying to initiate is if a user brings in a byod...I want to be able to detect anything on that machine when it connects to my internal vlan.