[Snort-users] Snort Question

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Wed Feb 13 20:15:28 EST 2013

On 2/13/2013 16:20, david molina wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm using snort 2.9.3 and i want to know if its possible to "Control the
> connection" into my PostgreSQL data base.
>
> For example block the connection at 7:00 to 9:00 using Snort rules.

IMhO: this is better left to other tools... like those for your router that
forward such traffic... in the router i use, there would be a cron job that
would enable the routing rules for the proper period and then disable those
rules during the blackout period...

this really isn't something that your *intrusion detection/protection* system
should be doing ;)

> Please Help ASAP.

dunno if it was of any help or in any worthwhile time but there is my two
centavos ;)