[Snort-users] Install Snort 2.9 on Mac OSX (Lion)

Jessica B b.jessica822 at ...11827...
Mon Feb 11 19:18:08 EST 2013

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get Snort installed on my Mac OSX 7.5 (Lion), but there is
no DMG package for it, only Linux and Windows of which neither package
using DMG. Thus, my understanding is that I must compile Snort from scratch
using the command line (Terminal) and install the application this way. My
problem is that I've never done this before.

Could someone give me a rundown on how to compile and install Snort from
scratch so I can get up and running with the app?

Also, I have command line tools and Homebrew (similar to Fink) installed so
I should be good to go once I get snort installed.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Jessica