[Snort-users] Fwd: Snort in Inline Mode on CentOS 6.3

Okeowo, Ayo gadmin at ...16076...
Sun Feb 10 12:12:15 EST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Okeowo, Ayo <gadmin at ...16076...>
Date: Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort in Inline Mode on CentOS 6.3
To: Y M <snort at ...15979...>

Below is what I have.

{Q1::Answer}
my snort command is:-
snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf --daq afpacket -i eth0:eth2 -Q -A console

{Q2::Answer}
I'm using DAQ mode: --daq afpacket

{Q3::Answer - drop rule reside in the local.rules}
drop tcp $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET [80,443] (msg:"Block Web Traffic
from Outside"; classtype:web-application-attack; metadata:service http;
flow:established,to_
server; sid:1000008; rev:2;)

{Q4::Answer}
Verdicts: