[Snort-users] Snort and Barnyard2

beenph beenph at ...11827...
Wed Feb 6 15:30:38 EST 2013

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 2:43 PM, Y M <snort at ...15979...> wrote:
> Sorry for not detailing my reply. For  example try querying snort database
> with:
>
> SELECT ip_src, INET_NTOA(ip_src)
> FROM acid_event;

IP src/dst data in the default schema is not stored in the acid_event table but
the iphdr table.

So a query could look like this:

Assuming mysql:

SELECT INET_NTOA(ip_src),INET_NTOA(ip_dst) FROM iphdr WHERE sid="XXX"
AND cid="XXX";

Now, i am not sure i understand what Josh Bitto mean by "the store IP
are not the same as the captured IP".
barnyard2 will store whats found in the unified2 file, did you
validate the content of your unified2 file
using u2spewfoo or u2boat to export contained packets to pcap file and
compare that information?

-elz