[Snort-users] Snort in Inline Mode on CentOS 6.3

Y M snort at ...15979...
Wed Feb 6 10:56:40 EST 2013

It will be largely dependant on the output plugin you are using. In case of Snorby, although I don't use it, will eventually read from a database; MySQL. In this case, it is a practice to let Snort output to unified2, and let barnyard2 parse unfied2 logs into the database, from which Snorby will read data.

Hope you get your setup done.

YM
________________________________
From: Okeowo, Ayo<mailto:gadmin at ...16076...>
Sent: ‎2/‎6/‎2013 6:43 PM
To: Y M<mailto:snort at ...15979...>
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort in Inline Mode on CentOS 6.3

YM,

Thanks for the response. I would have never have thought of increasing my
interfaces (virtual interfaces) to 3 to make it work. I will try that when
I get home and let you know.

So this will allow my drop and alert rules to pop-up on Snorby? Once it
works I will then go ahead and configure preprocessor etc.

And I also hope to combine my command line with --alert-before-pass switch.