[Snort-users] Snort in Inline Mode on CentOS 6.3

Y M snort at ...15979...
Wed Feb 6 10:28:08 EST 2013

You will need 3 interfaces. Two will be in transparent mode and the third will be used for management. When you run Snort in inline mode, you would use, for example: -i eth0:eth1, or the bridge if you will be using a bridge and eth3 for management.

YM
________________________________
From: Okeowo, Ayo<mailto:gadmin at ...16076...>
Sent: ‎2/‎6/‎2013 6:22 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:snort-users at ...3783...net>
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort in Inline Mode on CentOS 6.3

Hello Folks,

Has anyone successfully setup Snort 2.9.4 on CentOS 6.3 with functioning
IPS(Inline Mode) using 2 interfaces (1 for sniffing traffic and 2nd for
management)?

I'm having a few issues, although I haven't sat down to address it yet due
to my day job sucking my time. The first issue is, if I use 1 interface and
put Snort to Inline Mode, my drop rules don't work. Second, if I use 2
interfaces, both Alert and Drop rules cease to work and I get nothing on
Snorby.

Any insight to this issue will be appreciated. Like I said I haven't sat
down to troubleshoot this issue but your response will help.

Thanks.
Ayo