[Snort-users] Restart snort inline without traffic loss?

Chinmay Mahata chinmay_mahata at ...3390...
Wed Feb 6 10:22:28 EST 2013

Also make sure -
-  you made the default policy for the FORWARD chain in filter table is ACCEPT (for snort inline mode).
- to be more wait/sleep few seconds before restarting snort, so that any queued packets gets serviced.
  or check file /proc/net/netfilter/nfnetlink_queue for queued pkts.

Regards,

you can write one restart script.
steps
- remove iptable entries targetting on nf_queue- restart snort- apply iptable entires targetting on nf_queue