[Snort-users] Hash function for ip 4-tuple

Kiryukhin Andrey andrei_1980 at ...1975...
Mon Feb 4 07:19:24 EST 2013

I'm not professional in that. When i need quick solution, I tried the
following method.

( IP1*(2^16) + port1)  xor  ( IP2*(2^16) + port2 )

It is a simple method, and does not guarantee that no conflicts.

This worked for my needs.