[Snort-users] Pulledpork Returning 403 on snortrules-snapshot

Dan Rossiter dan.rossiters at ...11827...
Sun Feb 3 18:39:07 EST 2013

In running pulledpork, I'm getting a 403 error downloading the
snortrules-snapshot tarball. All the other files (opensource &
emerging.rules) download without a problem after I comment out the snapshot
line.

Is this a known issue? Any suggestions on how to resolve? Obviously the
oinkcode is correct since the other files worked and the tarball name is
simply the name pre-included in the config file.

The specific error being throws is the following:

Checking latest MD5 for snortrules-snapshot-2852.tar.gz....
        A 403 error occurred, please wait for the 15 minute timeout
        to expire before trying again or specify the -n runtime switch
        You may also wish to verfiy your oinkcode, tarball name, and other
configuration options
        Error 403 when fetching
https://www.snort.org/reg-rules/snortrules-snapshot-2852.tar.gz.md5 at
pulledpork/pulledpork.pl line 453
        main::md5file('<oinkcode here>', 'snortrules-snapshot-2852.tar.gz',
'/tmp/', 'https://www.snort.org/reg-rules/') called at pulledpork/
pulledpork.pl line 1758

-Dan