[Snort-users] Snort and SQL database

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Fri Feb 1 19:23:55 EST 2013

On 2/1/2013 18:22, Josh Bitto wrote:
> I have after a week of battling with this finally got everything going on snort and then using barnyard2 to send the alerts to mysql…..However, when I export the data from the sql database it doesn’t look the same at all as the report in pfsense….

what do you mean when you export the data from the sql database? why would you
export it at all? this is where you would use a tool that reads the data in that
database and then allows you do perform activities based on those reports...

> I used barnyard2’s schema file to create the database and I’m not sure if that has something to do with it.

no clue... i don't use pfsense...

[trim a bunch of useless cr4p from the end]