[Snort-users] Snort and SQL on PFsense

Josh Bitto jbitto at ...16055...
Fri Feb 1 14:00:01 EST 2013

Ok I got it communicating to my sql database....I had to use 127.0.0.1 instead of the other IP address.

Now everything works the only thing that I'm not getting is data.....

I have copy and pasted the barnyard2 schema example and put it into the schema for my database....The forums for pfsense says to do that....I still don't get any data though.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Hoel [mailto:jthoel at ...11827...]
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2013 9:55 AM
To: Josh Bitto
Cc: Snort Users
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort and SQL on PFsense

You need to make sure on the sql server you give permissions for the user 'root' to connect from the remote IP (assuming your sql server is not on the same server as snort/barnyard?)

If they are on the same server, then make the host localhost and not an ip.

And you should, as a good practice, not use the root user for the DB updates.. make a new user, and give that user permissions on the db.