[Snort-users] Snort and SQL on PFsense

Jeremy Hoel jthoel at ...11827...
Fri Feb 1 12:55:02 EST 2013

You need to make sure on the sql server you give permissions for the
user 'root' to connect from the remote IP (assuming your sql server is
not on the same server as snort/barnyard?)

If they are on the same server, then make the host localhost and not an ip.

And you should, as a good practice, not use the root user for the DB
updates.. make a new user, and give that user permissions on the db.