[Snort-users] [Snort-devel] Testing my own rules/signatures on pcap file

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at ...589...
Sun Dec 22 19:25:37 EST 2013

This belongs on the users list.

Look into the -c command.

--
Joel Esler
Intelligence Lead

Sent from my iPhone.

On Dec 22, 2013, at 12:53, "Beenish Raza" <beenish.raza at ...125...<mailto:beenish.raza at ...125...>> wrote:

I have a set of rules in a text file and I want to check if the given pcap file contains any signatures/rules from those text file of rules.

I have run this command to use pcap file

snort -r    trace.pcap

but how do I specifiy the rules file which I want to use?

Secondly, is there any way that I can generate a pcap file from a given ruleset?

Archive:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=snort-devel