[Snort-users] Snort & Barnyard

James snort at ...16635...
Sun Dec 22 18:01:20 EST 2013

Hi all,

I've followed this guide:
http://wiki.aanval.com/wiki/Community:Snort_2.9.2.3_Installation_Guide_for_Ubuntu_12.04,_with_Barnyard2,_Pulledpork,_and_Aanval
but using the most current Snort + Barnyard and everything seems to have
installed and start-up correctly, but I'm not seeing anything get logged
into the MySQL database. There were a few mistakes in the guide, which I've
managed to fix with a bit of Googling, but I can't seem to solve this. I
realise you're probably going to need more information to be able to help,
but don't know enough yet to guess what that might be. Can anyone help
please? The alternative is I wipe it all and start again in the hope I just
missed something stupid the first time, but hopefully someone could help me
avoid that?

Thanks
James