[Snort-users] Commented out rules.

Y M snort at ...15979...
Fri Dec 20 14:15:54 EST 2013

You can specify protocol-voip in your enablesid.conf instead of individually listing sids. The enablesid.conf file has documentation of what can be used to enable rules, categories, etc.
As for the snort.rules file, it depends. If you use the -E with your pulledpork command, then only the enabled rules will be there. If not, then all of the rules, including the disabled ones will be there.
YM