[Snort-users] Error 504 when fetching Rules

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at ...589...
Fri Dec 13 09:47:44 EST 2013

Should all be good to go now.  Please  check and let us know.

--
Joel Esler
Intelligence Lead

Sent from my iPhone.

On Dec 13, 2013, at 7:20, "Stark, Vernon L." <Vernon.Stark at ...383...<mailto:Vernon.Stark at ...383...>> wrote:

I’m getting the following error when I run Pulledpork to update the rules:

Error 504 when fetching https://www.snort.org/reg-rules/snortrules-snapshot-2946.tar.gz.md5 at ./pulledpork.pl line 453
        main::md5file('ec204f5d939e10bf200423149d081d13688934a9', 'snortrules-snapshot-2946.tar.gz', '/tmp/', 'https://www.snort.org/reg-rules/') called at ./pulledpork.pl line 1758

Is anyone else experiencing this?  I’ve used Pulledpork successfully on this Snort sensor many times so this failure is new behavior.  The last time I updated rules, I got a 504 the first time or two but after a few tries, the rules updated successfully.  Today I can’t get past this 504 error.  As you may know, 504 is “Gateway timeout”.  Could this be an issue at Sourcefire or perhaps the path to/from Sourcefire?   A packet from the remote server suggests I do get as far as Sourcefire since the content of the SSL session includes “Maryland”, “Columbia”, and “Sourcefire”.

Vern