[Snort-users] ERROR: dynamic detection lib is compiled with an older version of the dynamic engine

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Sat Aug 17 20:48:34 EDT 2013

On 8/17/2013 13:38, Michael Heard wrote:
> ERROR: Dynamic detection lib /usr/local/snort/lib/snort_dynamicrules/nntp.so 1.0
> isn't compatible with the current dynamic engine library
> /usr/local/snort/lib/snort_dynamicengine/libsf_engine.so 2.1.
> The dynamic detection lib is compiled with an older version of the dynamic engine.
> Fatal Error, Quitting../
>
> The error seems to indicate that I need a newer dynamic rule set that is
> compatible with the dynamicengine I am running.

it is not just the rules set that must be compatible but also the shared so
dynamic engine files... shut down your snort, and remove the SO files in your
/usr/local/snort/lib/snort_dynamicengine/ directory... then reinstall snort to
put the newer and proper SO files back in place... then restart your snort and
you should be good to go... that is if i have grabbed the proper directory from
your post where the problem lies...