[Snort-users] Pulledpork not generating merged rules file on Windows

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Mon Aug 5 11:49:27 EDT 2013

On 7/22/2013 17:37, William Dou wrote:
> Thanks for the reply waldo kitty.
>
> I took a look in the config and it indicates that Windows isn't a valid distro
> option

you are the seconrd or third person in the last few weeks to misread this option
setting... i've emphasized the main point of this setting in bold...

> # Define your distro, **this is for the precompiled shared object libs!**

> # Valid Distro Types:
> # Debian-5-0, Debian-6-0,
> # Ubuntu-8.04, Ubuntu-10-4
> # Centos-4-8, Centos-5-4
> # FC-12, FC-14, RHEL-5-5, RHEL-6-0
> # FreeBSD-7-3, FreeBSD-8-1
> # OpenBSD-4-8
> # Slackware-13-1
> distro=FreeBSD-8.1
>
>  From the two different guides I've seen about getting pulledpork to work on
> Windows, I've not seen any mention about tweaking this option either =/

that setting has nothing to do with having PP work on windows... it is
apparently only for whether you can use the distributed shared rules or not ;)