[Snort-users] Barnyard2 startup error: Snort not compiled to use mysql but --with-mysql option invalid

Kurt Jensen kjensencissp at ...11827...
Wed Apr 24 15:43:34 EDT 2013

hello:

We have a working install of Snort 2.9.4.5 on SuSE 12.2 that logs fine but we need to use Barnyard2 and send this data to mysql.  We did not know of any manual steps or added options being required to compile Snort for mysql use with barnyard.  When we start barnyard2 for use with Snort, mysql and Snorby we get the "snort not compiled for use with mysql" errors and barnyard2 fatals out.

We found some options online for snort compiling that also did not work or: ./configure --with-mysql

when trying that option or several versions of it the compile runs to the end but then fails at this step and flags it as an  invalid option.

Can anyone tell us what the correct command and options are please to compile Snort and Barnyard to use mysql?

Thanks!